A tuition-free 6th-12th grade public charter school located in mid-town Fort Collins
Nationally Recognized School
Compass is one of the highest achieving middle schools in the Poudre School District as measured by state testing in 2022 and again in 2023. CMAS 2023 testing ranked our middle school at the top of the District in English Language Arts.
And It's Not Just Great Test Scores...
Recent Awards and Grants Won by Compass Students:
- 2023 and 2022 State Award Winners in National History Day Project including national qualifiers
- 2023 National Public Radio Podcast Challenge- Middle School National Finalists
- 2022 Platte River Power Authority Solar AND Battery Car Race State Champions
- 2022 & 2018 OtterCares Innovation Station Grant Award Winner
- 2019 National Global Impact Challenge Award Winner
- 2019 City of Fort Collins Human Relations Award Winners
- 2022, 2020, & 2019 Earth Force Rocky Mountain Environmental Hazards Challenge Winners
- 2022 AND 2021 Do Your:Bit Challenge North American Middle School Champions and High School Champions
- EdCorps Real World Scholars Grant Winner
- 2019 FIRST® LEGO® League Regional Middle School Champions
- 2019 Little Kids Rock Grant for Musical Instruments and Teacher Education
Experienced and Talented Educators
Compass was designed by a diverse team of experienced, licensed educators, students, business owners, nonprofit leaders and parents. We are passionate about embedding design thinking and creative, research-based learning pedagogy and real-world problem solving into secondary education.
A Community of Courageous Learners
Compass staff and students tackle academic content and skills development in the context of real-world problems and creative endeavors designed to make the world a better place. We have a modern space, modern tools and a program designed to make sure that you love school and are ready to thrive in life after high school!