Why Families Love Compass
Innovative, Small School
- Student-centered learning
- Competency-based progress
- Caring culture
- Work at your challenge level rather than grade level
- Expert teaching staff
- Internships and apprenticeships
- No-cost college credit classes
- Personalized futures planning
- Innovative learning spaces and tools
- Enriching seminars and extras
- Real-world problem solving
- Quarterly exhibitions of work
- Feedback and revision culture
- Entrepreneurial opportunities
- Graduate with college credit and a portfolio
A Community Campus
- Located on the MAX bus line
- Minutes from downtown and CSU
- Public and college library use
- CSU science lab access
- Community partnerships
A Community of Courageous Learners
Compass staff and students tackle academic content and skills development in the context of real-world problems and creative endeavors designed to make the world a better place. We have a modern space, modern tools and a program designed to make sure that you love school and are ready to thrive in life after high school!
May 25th, 2021
May 24th, 2021
May 23rd, 2021
April 29th, 2021
Experienced and Talented Educators
Compass was designed by a diverse team of experienced, licensed educators, students, business owners, nonprofit leaders and parents. We are passionate about embedding design thinking and creative, research-based learning pedagogy and real-world problem solving into secondary education.
A Nationally Recognized, Award-Winning School
National and local partnerships have not only provided outstanding experiences for our students and staff, but have also resulted in our young school winning national and local recognitions, and over one million dollars in grants and awards.
Begin Your Journey
It doesn’t matter how old you are, where you are from, or what language you speak, what every human needs to thrive is a sense of belonging, a feeling of purpose, autonomy and the knowledge and skills to grow. You will find all this—and more—at Compass. Join us!
Continuous Learning During COVID-19
Our small, innovative school is uniquely positioned to provide a safe and engaging education for students even during this pandemic. We offer fully remote and hybrid options (all in-school options practice safety protocols and are subject to permission by the County Department of Health). Click on the button below to learn more.