A tuition-free 6th-12th grade charter school located in the heart of mid-town Fort Collins!
In the last two years, we have had two middle school and two high school students win the NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP in the Do Your :bit International Challenge. The challenge invites kids and teens to identify and research a problem using the United Nations Sustainability Goals, and then design and a code solution using the BBC micro:bit. Students build a prototype and then write about how their invention addresses the U.N. Sustainability Goal. Finally, the students make a video to show the international panel of judges. Over 1,000 entries from around the world are submitted each year, and in both years that Compass students have participated we have had grand champions. Congratulations to the students and to Dawn DuPriest, their gifted and passionate teacher!
Why Families Love Compass
Innovative, Small School
- Student-centered learning
- Competency-based progress
- Caring culture
- Embedded gifted programming
- Expert teaching staff
- Internships and apprenticeships
- No-cost college credit classes
- Personalized futures planning
- Innovative learning spaces and tools
- Enriching seminars and extras
- Real-world problem solving
- Quarterly exhibitions of work
- Feedback and revision culture
- Entrepreneurial opportunities
- Graduate with college credit and a portfolio
A Community Campus
- Located on the MAX bus line
- Minutes from downtown and CSU
- Public and college library use
- CSU science lab access
- Community partnerships
A Nationally Recognized and Award-Winning School
Compass Community Collaborative School was one of the highest achieving middle schools in the Poudre School District as measured by state testing in 2022.
As the data makes clear, Compass has been working hard to come back from the pandemic stronger and better than ever. While most schools in our state and district saw a decline in performance and growth between 2019 and 2022, our students earned an EXCEEDS rating in both math and English achievement and our growth metrics outpaced the district averages. Additionally, our science assessment scores matched the district for 11thgrade and exceeded the district's achievement in our 8thgrade. We attribute our success to the quality of our teachers, our innovative programming and high expectations, and the strong, pro-social culture of our small school.
If that's not enough, check out all the ways we spent our first four years winning national and local recognitions and earning over one million dollars in grants and awards!
- 2022 State Award Winners in National History Day Project including national qualifiers
- 2022 Platte River Power Authority Solar AND Battery Car Race State Champions
- 2022 & 2018 OtterCares Innovation Station Grant Award Winner
- 2019 National Global Impact Challenge Award Winner
- 2019 City of Fort Collins Human Relations Award Winners
- 2022, 2020, & 2019 Earth Force Rocky Mountain Environmental Hazards Challenge Winners
- 2022 AND 2021 Do Your:Bit Challenge North American Middle School Champions and High School Champions
- EdCorps Real World Scholars Grant Winner
- 2019 FIRST® LEGO® League Regional Middle School Champions
- 2019 Little Kids Rock Grant for Musical Instruments and Teacher Education
A Community of Courageous Learners
Compass staff and students tackle academic content and skills development in the context of real-world problems and creative endeavors designed to make the world a better place. We have a modern space, modern tools and a program designed to make sure that you love school and are ready to thrive in life after high school!
Experienced and Talented Educators
Compass was designed by a diverse team of experienced, licensed educators, students, business owners, nonprofit leaders and parents. We are passionate about embedding design thinking and creative, research-based learning pedagogy and real-world problem solving into secondary education.
Front Page Coloradoan Story Features Compass Venture Projects
January 19th, 2023
Spotlight: Entrepreneurship Can Start at Any Age
September 19th, 2022
Notes from the Field: Jonah Hope's Summer IT Internship!
September 8th, 2022
Christian Q. Awarded Outstanding Legislator in the House
August 30th, 2021
Begin Your Journey
It doesn’t matter how old you are, where you are from, or what language you speak, what every human needs to thrive is a sense of belonging, a feeling of purpose, autonomy and the knowledge and skills to grow. You will find all this—and more—at Compass. Join us!