What is Competency Based Learning?
Competency-based education (CBE) is a next generation learning model that focuses on all students achieving proficiency in learning skills that prepare them for success in college, careers and civic life. Students focus on practice and application of skills through content exploration in flexible, context-driven learning labs.
Why CBE at Compass?
- Promotes an empowering and inclusive learning culture.
- Provides differentiated learning pathways for all students
- Increases motivation, ownership, and engagement in the learning process.
- Embeds meaningful feedback, opportunity for revision.
- Ensures consistent and transparent expectations.
Advances students based on mastery, not time.