1. FOR ADMISSION TO THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR (the current school year): Please call us, 970-372-4242.
2. FOR ADMISSION TO THE 2024-2025 SCHOOL YEAR (next year): CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION.
- The pre-lottery application window opens in early October and closes on the last day of December, and we run the lottery the first or second week of January (depending on when school resumes after winter break).
- Students that have been chosen for Admission by the lottery will be notified through email, and will have 3 business days to accept or decline the Offer of Admission.
- Students that have been waitlisted by the lottery will be notified by email, and we will reach out to those on the waitlist if a seat opens.
- After an Offer of Admission is accepted, the family must COMPLETE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION (before the designated deadline) in order to secure their student's spot at Compass.
3. OPEN HOUSE TOURS and PROSPECTIVE FAMILY INFORMATION NIGHTS: Are OPEN NOW and offered regularly through the fall and winter. Please REGISTER HERE to attend.
4. APPLICATIONS AND WAITLISTS DO NOT ROLLOVER FROM YEAR TO YEAR: This means that if your student is NOT offered Admission to the school year for which you have applied, you will need to submit a new application (during the next October-December pre-lottery application window) in order to be considered for Admission for the next school year.
** If you have any additional questions, or require any assistance, please email the Compass Director of Development, Jenny Findlay: email@example.com
Future Compass High School Students
PLEASE NOTE: Once a student is accepted for a seat at our HIGH SCHOOL, the student will be required to submit a portfolio of work that includes:
1. A short personal statement about their interest in Compass (this can be written, a visual art piece with an artist's statement, or a performance piece (video, podcast, etc.)
2. An example of an academic writing piece from middle school or early high school.
3. An academic product of which the student is proud and feels represents their interests and passions.
This is not a requirement for acceptance to the school. The portfolio will be used to help place the student in the appropriate level and interest-based courses and must be submitted before registering for classes.