Compass Juniors are Exploring Career and College Opportunities
February 10th, 2020
Touring Front Range Community College.
Students in 11th-grade have been working with Bonnie and Wendy to determine the kinds of educational options and professions they wanted to learn more about as part of their postsecondary readiness venture experience. Our well-connected community of teachers, parents, and friends have invited local professionals in these fields to share their time and expertise with our students.
Just last week these students had the opportunity to tour the Front Range Community College campus to learn about all of the educational programs available to them there as well as to hear from six professionals about their careers. Students will continue to meet with local professionals to learn about their choices, social capital, and hard work that got them to the successful careers they are enjoying today.
We are grateful for all of our visitors this week:
- Diego Felix, Music District
- Julie Kinnaird, Vine Connections
- Michelle Taylor, Freelance Graphic Designer,
- Kat Reeves, Fish Restaurant
- Nick Leavitt, School Counselor Intern and Bartender
- Salah Abdel-Ghany, CSU Assistant Professor of Cell and Molecular Biology
Diego Felix shares his passion for multimedia content creation.